What you need to know about Sunday School!
It is the Mission of the Youth Ministry at Our Savior’s Lutheran and Melo Lutheran churches to gather together the young people of this area as a visible community of God’s People in order to fellowship with one another, bring service to our congregation and community and to grow in our relationship to Christ. We Glorify God through and receive strength from:
- ACTIVE INVOLVEMENT IN OUR CONGREGATIONS AND COMMUNITY
- FAITHFUL LIVING AS DISCIPLES OF JESUS
- WORSHIP, PRAISE, AND THANKSGIVING
- EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES AND BIBLE STUDY
- SERVICE TO OTHERS IN THE NAME OF CHRIST.
This includes our Sunday School age children and their education. Ages 4 through 6th grade participate in class from mid-September until Mother’s Day each year. Vacation Bible School is held for the Sunday School children and any visitors generally in early June.
Sunday School at Melo starts at 10 am on Sunday mornings, following the worship service.
Sunday School classes at Our Saviors Lutheran (OSL) Church in Warren, MN are from 9:30 -10:30 am on Sunday mornings.
- Special programs that children participate in at OSL are the Christmas program in December and a Palm Sunday program the Sunday before Easter each year.
- Rally Sunday is in September and changes from year to year. See the current post for announcements.
- Children sing during the worship service at OSL (10:45 am) and Melo (9:00 am) periodically throughout the year. Please see the current post for dates that the children will be singing.
The Sunday School Easter Program for Our Savior’s will be on Sunday, April 14th, during the worship service, and Melo Sunday School will have Procession of Palms. All are welcome!
Melo Sunday School will have their last class for the school year on May 5, 2019. The Sunday School will sing at Melo during worship and will host an ice cream social following worship.
OSL Sunday School will have their last class for the school year on May 12, 2019. The Sunday School will have a Parent’s Day program during SS class time at 9:30 am, and will sing during worship at OSL on May 12, which is also Mother’s Day.